BBE has been developed collaboratively by a number of people, and can always use a bit more work! If you're interested in contributing, perhaps one of the following things would interest you:
- Programming - contact Jimb Esser for SVN access or if you just want to look at the source code.
- Linux support (current code all uses libraries available on Linux (SDL, etc) and someone did get the code compiling and linking under Linux a few months ago, but no active member is supporting it).
- New gameplay features
- Better map editor
- Level design - submit your best levels to the forums.
- Art - new character sprites, special effects, level backgrounds/graphics schemes - submit to the forums. The best non-derivative works will be included in the core game files.
- Audio - we're sorely lacking in original audio files! Everything is needed from background music, to explosions, to an announcer recording of "First blood!" and other announcements.
- Web - Gosh is this site ugly.